Martha Graham and her Music
One of Martha Graham’s notable quotes was “Dance is the hidden language of the soul.” In this puzzle, you must find names of dances ‘hidden’ within sentences. For example, in the sentence “During the family’s trip to Manhattan, good times were had by all”, the dance tango is hidden, connected from the end of ‘Manhattan’ to the beginning of ‘good’.The name of the dance may be hidden either forwards or backwards within the sentences, so look carefully! Ignore punctuation and spaces between words. All hidden dances are at least six letters long.
1. We were ecstatic our antenna started to work again after going kaput last week.
2. It’s a fact that the more lobster an arrogant man eats, the more shellfish he becomes.
3. What a sad rascal the boy was after he was scolded by his parents for his behavior.
4. The pastel color schemes of the room added a sense of cozy decor to the house.
5. Together with the orchestra’s maestro, I kayaked down the Volga river.
6. The end of an era came quickly for the team’s coach after three successive losses.
1. Courante (ecstatic our antenna)
2. Bolero (more lobster)
3. Csárdás (sad rascal)
4. Zydeco (cozy decor)
5. Troika (maestro, I kayaked)
6. Macarena (an era came)
The Exploring Music streaming website is supported by Mr. & Mrs. William Gardner Brown and the Richard P. and Susan Kiphart Family.
©2019 Exploring Music. All Rights Reserved. | site by IDM