Exploring Music is always looking for creative and curious interns to help produce the radio show and the streaming website. If you are interested in learning more, please contact Tony Macaluso at 773.279.2114
Exploring Music does not currently have any full-time positions available. For information on other positions with WFMT, click here
WFMT Exploring Music Website Internship Exploring Music with Bill McGlaughlin
is an exciting daily radio program heard by 500,000 listeners every day that delves into a wide assortment of topics in classical music. Each five-program series builds off a single theme ranging from composer biographies to explorations of various cultures, musical styles, and time periods. The show began in 2003 and is heard on more than 60 radio stations across the United States as well as internationally. To learn more about the show visit: www.exploringmusic.org
The WFMT Exploring Music Website Intern will assist in developing copy, selecting images, testing and marketing a new website for the popular, national radio show.
WFMT Radio Network
- Length of internship and hours per week are negotiable though we prefer interns who can be available for the majority of a 9am-5pm business day on a combination of weekdays (M/W/F or T/Th).
- Interns should stay for the length of a semester or summer.
- This is an unpaid internship. WFMT will work with schools for student interns receiving credit, but receiving credit is not required.
- Eligible candidates must be an undergraduate student, graduate student, or have graduated from an accredited college or university within 12 months of beginning this internship.
- Interns are assigned an internship coordinator who will work with the selected candidate to establish learning objectives to develop skills in chosen area.
Students or recent graduates of any major are encouraged to apply. The ideal candidates will have strong writing skill, familiarity with classical music and some knowledge of social media practices. The ability to work independently and reliably on intern projects is a must. Excellent organization and communications skills are also a must.
Learning opportunities include:
- Developing, creating and updating content for the Exploring Music website.
- Processing, prepping and uploading content (text, photos, video, audio, etc.) to website.
- Research and help implement ideas for promoting the website to individuals and schools.
Interested students should email their resume and cover letter expressing their qualifications and interest in the internship to: email@example.com
. Please reference "WFMT Exploring Music Web Internship” in the subject line of all correspondence to ensure proper routing.
Candidates may also fax their resume to (773) 509-5309
or mail to:
Window to the World Communications, Inc.
Attn: Tony Macaluso
5400 North St. Louis Avenue
Chicago, Illinois 60625
Candidates who are believed to be a good match will then be invited to
complete an application and come in for an interview.